Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.
Law Offices of Mark Abzug, PA
Protect Your Rights. Get Answers. Call Today. 954-753-1003
2801 University Drive Suite 203
Coral Springs, FL 33065

Seek a child support modification before you are in arrears

Paying child support can be very difficult, especially if your financial situation changes. Even when things are tough, you are still expected to pay your child support according to the child support order that was issued. We know that you want to support your child. We also know that things sometimes happen that make it necessary to seek a modification of your child support order. You don't want to end up in arrears like the man we discussed on the blog post last week.

Child support orders take a variety of factors into account. Your income, childcare expenses and how much time the child spends with you are all factored into the equation. If any of these points changes considerably, you might opt to seek a modification of the child support order.

We understand that you might not want to have to go back to court, but that might be necessary. If you are unable to keep up with your child support payments because your pay was cut or because you lost your job, you should seek a modification right away. The longer you wait, the longer you will struggle. If you can't keep up the payments, your arrearage will increase.

It is important for you to comply with the orders for child support because there are serious consequences for failing to keep up. If you need to seek a child support modification, we can help you learn how to do so. We can stand by your side to ensure that your side of the case is accurately represented and that your interests are protected.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information