Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.
Law Offices of Mark Abzug, PA
Protect Your Rights. Get Answers. Call Today. 954-753-1003
2801 University Drive Suite 203
Coral Springs, FL 33065

Child support orders aren't necessarily permanent

As a child grows and circumstances change, it might become evident that the child support orders that you are using now might need to be changed. It is possible to seek a child support modification order if your case meets the requirements that are set for this type of action. We know that you might have some questions about child support modification. We are here to help you learn what you need to know as it pertains to your case.

One of the possible reasons to seek a modification of the child support order occurs if the paying parent gets a considerable raise. In this case, the recipient parent might seek a modification from the court that takes the raise into account. If the paying parent loses his or her job, he or she can take action to have the modification ordered by the court since it is likely that he or she will be unable to provide the same amount in child support as when he or she was employed.

Other events that might lead to the order being changed include changing medical needs, stopping daycare and changing educational needs. These events must be significant enough to warrant a change in the child support order.

We can help you learn if the circumstances of your case will meet the requirements for a modification. If the circumstances do meet those requirements, we can help you learn about the modification process. From there, we will represent your best interests as your case moves through the court system. We know that you only what is best for your child.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information