Premier Family Law Representation In Southern Florida

Mark Abzug
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas Overview
  4.  » Family Law Overview

Divorce Agreement Lawyer in Coral Springs, Florida

Family Attorney Parkland

At the Law Offices of Mark Abzug, P.A., we protect your rights in divorce, child custody and spousal support issues. We aggressively represent your interests to make sure that they are known to the court.

We represent clients in Broward County, Florida, including the communities of Coral Springs, Parkland, Margate, Tamarac and Coconut Creek. To speak with an experienced family law lawyer, contact the Law Offices of Mark Abzug, P.A., or call 954-840-8883.

A Compassionate Family Law Attorney Serving the Broward County Area

We provide full-service representation for all family law issues. This means when you come to us to represent you for one issue, we can handle all of the related family law matters. Our success lies within our ability to create and maintain personal and healthy relationships with our clients. We inform you of the progress of your case and respond to requests in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on creating long-term relationships with our clients.

We will personally guide you through each and every family law matter that you encounter, including:

  • Divorce : We handle all issues related to dissolving a marriage, regardless of whether the parties were married in Florida or somewhere else. The state of Florida does not recognize the status of being legally separated. A legal agreement upon separation may affect how both parties move forward. Typically, such an agreement will include provisions addressing child support, time sharing/visitation and alimony. In rare instances, it is possible to have a marriage annulled.
  • Out-of-state family law clients : Our law firm represents clients who reside throughout the United States. If you have a family law problem in which Broward County has jurisdiction, then we can help you regardless of whether it is a divorce case, paternity case, enforcement proceedings/contempt or modification proceedings (alimony, child support, visitation/time sharing).
  • Child custody, time sharing and visitation : We assist you in obtaining a parenting plan, including a time-sharing schedule that is in the best interests of your children as you understand them. We also assist with guardian ad litem issues.
  • Child support : When you are involved in legal proceedings regarding the establishment of child support and/or modification of child support, we represent you with a view toward obtaining a child support order consistent with child support guidelines in our state. When appropriate, we seek deviations from the child support guidelines. Examples of circumstances that might result in deviations from the child support guidelines may include, a child with special needs, travel expenses when time sharing with a parent who lives out of state, extracurricular activities and medical necessities.
  • Alimony : There are no alimony guidelines in the state of Florida. In other words, there is no math formula to determine how much money a spouse is entitled to receive. Each case is determined on a case-by-case basis, and the court has a lot of discretion when awarding alimony. We inform you of the matters that the court considers and persuasively present your position based on these matters.
  • Paternity : We represent clients in paternity actions in court, which may be brought forth in the county where the mother or father resides. As part of a paternity action, you may be required to take a paternity test.
  • Parental relocation : We represent clients who wish to relocate more than 50 miles away from where they were residing at the time of the last judgment or court order. When you need to relocate because of changed circumstances, we can help.
  • Property division : Dividing your marital and non-marital assets can become very complicated. It is important to have a lawyer who knows how to properly value your business, split up your retirement plans and protect your interests when it comes to your home and other real estate.
  • Modifications to orders : When you need to modify an order, such as an alimony obligation, child support obligation or time-sharing schedule, the legal process can be complicated and confusing. We represent clients in all types of modification cases with a view toward accomplishing your goals.
  • Enforcement proceedings and contempt : We represent clients in enforcement proceedings, including enforcement of child support obligations, alimony obligations and visitation types, as well as other matters agreed to in a divorce case. When a court order is not followed, there are serious consequences, including being held in contempt of court.
  • Restraining orders and domestic violence : We represent clients who need to obtain an injunction against domestic violence. If you are being abused, you should call law enforcement immediately. You may obtain an injunction against domestic violence by visiting the Clerk of the Court and submitting forms that they give you. If the injunction is granted, you will need to come back to court in two weeks at which time it is advisable to have an attorney present to represent your interests.

At the Law Offices of Mark Abzug, P.A., we understand that family law matters are complicated and often highly emotional. We are compassionate and understanding of your needs. We put you and your family’s needs first and strive to protect the best interests of you and your children while we handle your family law matters.

Contact an Experienced Attorney

Our law office is located in Coral Springs, Florida. To schedule a FREE initial consultation, please call a family lawyer at 954-840-8883 or contact us online. We can help with any aspect of your divorce agreement and even explain how it will affect your tax planning.